After weeks and weeks of rain, we finally have some sunshine and with that comes al fresco dining. Friday nights are always a bit of a rush for us so this salad is perfect – the butternut can be prepared in advance and then just quickly throw everything together at the last minute. Perfect with cold roast chicken and a honey and mustard dressing.
Butternut, Feta and Lentil Salad
- Half a butternut, peeled and cubed
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 bag mixed lettuce
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 250ml tinned lentils, rinsed and drained
- Half a punnet cherry tomatoes
- 4 baby carrots, sliced
- Half an apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup red, yellow & green peppers, chopped
- 100g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 190° C.
- Place the butternut in a roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and roast until cooked, about 35 minutes.
- Drizzle the honey over the warm butternut and toss to coat well. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the lettuce and spinach on a serving platter and top with the remaining ingredients, ending with the butternut and feta cheese.
- Season and serve with the dressing of your choice.