With temperatures soaring, our thoughts are on trying to keep cool. Yesterday the kids asked for ice cream after school and they both bought a creamy vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate. Delicious but not very refreshing.
As clementines are currently in season and nothing beats the flavour of fruit in season I decided to make a refreshing clementine and lemon sorbet for their after school treat.
The verdict from the kids – ooh this is beautiful!!
Clementine and Lemon Sorbet
- 15 clementines or oranges
- 2 lemons
- 500ml caster sugar (approx.)
- Juice the oranges and lemons and remove any tough white bits of pith or any seeds from the juice.
- Measure the volume of the juice and add half that amount of caster sugar. I had 1 litre of juice and used 500 ml of sugar.
- Mix together and pour into your ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
- (Alternatively pour the mixture into a rectangular container and freeze. Once frozen, remove from the freezer and beat. Freeze again until completely set).