This lemon fridge tart is very sweet but if you serve it with a raspberry sauce and some dark chocolate it is pure heaven. It freezes beautifully – I cut mine into portion sizes and then open freeze until just frozen. Once frozen, pack into a Tupperware dish and keep in the freezer until needed. I decorate mine once it has defrosted and voila you have a super quick dessert for those unexpected guests.
- 1 tin condensed milk (397g)
- 200ml fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- 250g coffee creamer
- 30ml water
- 250g Tennis biscuits (see note below)
- Pour the condensed milk and lemon juice into a bowl and mix together until thick.
- In another bowl put the coffee creamer, water and some of the condensed milk mixture and mix immediately until well combined.
- Add the rest of the condensed milk mixture and beat again until well combined.
- Line a tin – roughly 12" x 6" with one layer of biscuits.
- Pour half the condensed milk mixture on top of the biscuits and spread out evenly.
- Add another layer of biscuits.
- Add the rest of the condensed milk mixture and spread out evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one day.
- To serve – decorate with raspberry sauce and chocolate curls.
“”Note”” I think Tennis biscuits are typically a South African biscuit. In the UK I use ‘Nice’ biscuits which are very similar. They are a butter biscuit with a hint of coconut in them. They come in packets of 250g which should just be enough but it will depend on the dish you use. I would suggest buying two packets just in case. Any leftovers are perfect with a cup of coffee.