I have to confess that chocolate ice cream is not my favourite but in the latest Food and Travel magazine there is a dessert which intrigues me. It looks fabulous but I just can’t see how all the different flavours can work together. It involves making three different ice creams and one of them is this chocolate gelato. I’ve now made two – one to go. Hopefully by tomorrow my dessert will be ready to try in time for National Ice Cream day.
Source – Food and Travel
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Total time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes churning time
Yield: 6 servings
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 165 ml whipping cream
- 40gdark chocolate
- 160gcaster sugar
- 50gcocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1egg white
- Put the milk, cream and dark chocolate in a saucepan and heat gently to boiling point.
- Leave to one side to cool down.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, egg white and the cocoa powder.
- Add the milk mixture and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until ready.
Written by: Angela Darroch