It’s that time of year again. A month to go before we go on our summer holiday and the panic sets in. I start thinking about the trips to the beach and what I’ll be wearing. All that lovely food which has to be sampled and of course all the lovely French wine to go with the lovely food. As a result my Weight Watchers recipe book has been dusted off and given pride of place in my kitchen for the next month – or two. These fresh salmon burgers are very tasty and substantial enough to not feel like a diet meal. I served them up with a big bowl of side salad and one was enough for me but I think my hubby was left a bit hungry. I think I would make two for him next time round but they are a definite keeper.
- 250g skinless salmon fillet
- 1 egg white
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 burger buns
- 75g fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tblsp horseradish sauce
- wild rocket
- 2 burger buns
- Place the salmon in a food processor and whizz until it is finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Mix the salmon together with the egg white, breadcrumbs, spring onion and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Shape into two large flat burgers.
- Add a touch of olive oil to a frying pan and fry the burgers for 4 - 5 minutes on each side until cooked.
- While the burgers are cooking, toast the burger buns.
- Mix the yogurt and horseradish sauce together with a seasoning of pepper.
- Place the burgers on the buns, top with horseradish cream and some wild rocket.
Recipe adapted from – The Complete Kitchen by Weight Watchers