I’ve finally finished all my DIY projects, packed away my paint brushes and cleaned up the mess. Oh, and made a note to myself to never start house decorating a month before Christmas again! We spent the weekend putting up the Christmas tree and decorations so finally I feel like I might just be ready for Christmas. My 5 year old daughter had a last minute panic thinking that she may be on Santas naughty list whereas my 7 year old son knows for sure that he is on the good list. If I was putting money on it I would have it the other way round for sure. To finish off the weekend I made these chocolate desserts using up the last little bit of Baileys which I had. To get into the Christmas spirit I had the kids help me make little chocolate Christmas trees which they covered in sprinkles and silver balls. A bit of whipped cream on top of the dessert and our chocolate Christmas trees looked very festive.
- 75g digestive biscuits
- 35g butter
- 1 tblsp Nutella
- 250ml double cream
- 150g dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 60ml Baileys Irish Cream
- 4 individual meringue nests
- Crush the biscuits until you have fine, evenly sized crumbs
- Melt the butter and Nutella in a pan and mix well.
- Add the butter mixture to the biscuit crumbs and mix.
- Divide the crumb mixture between 4 serving dishes (I used small food rings which are 7cm in diameter, placed on a baking tray) and press down well using the back of a teaspoon.
- Chill in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Place the cream and chocolate in a pan and bring to a slow boil until all the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the Baileys. Allow to cool slightly.
- Break your meringues into pieces about 1cm in size and stir gently into your chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into your moulds and refrigerate until well chilled.
This month’s theme for We Should Cocoa is chocolate and alcohol and is hosted by the lovely Choclette herself. As this is also a Dead Easy Dessert and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes I am submitting it over to Maison Cupcakes monthly challenge. Another great link up is Emily’s Recipe of the Week. Lots of good ideas. Thanks to my Mum for this delicious recipe.