Ok, so I’m not going to tell you my exact age but I will admit that I’m at an age where I have to start thinking about the health of my bones and joints. Yup, the old joints are stiffening up on me 🙁 It is well documented that oily fish helps to reduce swollen joints, pain and stiffness so I try to eat at least two portions a week. One of my favourite lunch snacks is this smoked mackerel pate. It takes a few minutes to put together and keeps well in the fridge for a good few days. Served with toast, crackers or oatcakes it makes a delicious snack packed full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
One problem though – it is hard to stop eating it. Enjoy!
- 4 medium smoked mackerel fillets (200g)
- 150g cream cheese
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tblsp horseradish cream
- Remove the skin and any bones from the cooked mackerel.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or mini blender and whizz together until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Serve with hot toast and wedges of lemon.
I’m linking up to A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week