I definitely go through phases with my cocktails. At the moment my absolute favourite has to be the Lemon Drop Martini.
Slightly sour, slightly sweet and very, very drinkable.
I normally use Absolut Citron Vodka but if I don’t have any then normal Vodka works just as well – just add the lemon zest to the cocktail shaker with the other ingredients to extract some of those lovely lemon oils for added flavour.
- 60ml Citron Vodka
- 30ml Cointreau
- Freshly squeezed juice from ½ lemon
- 15ml sugar syrup (see note below
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add fresh ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled glass and decorate with a twist of lemon zest.
To make your own sugar syrup - add 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a pan. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time to dissolve the sugar. As soon as the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and leave to cool. Store in the refrigerator.
I’m looking at my watch as I write this to see if it is cocktail hour yet – not quite but I can tell you that in about half an hour or so I’ll be sipping on a delicious Lemon Drop Martini.