Well it’s taken me a while to get back into blogging again and I have done so on one condition – I had to join Slimming World. Here is a slimming world chicken recipe; the one-pot chicken chilli.
You see, for every recipe on this blog, I make and test it three times. Now my hubby doesn’t eat desserts or cakes and I don’t want to be giving them to my kids every other day so ….. Well you guessed it. I was eating my fair share and giving the rest away to my hubby’s co-workers. Not the ideal way to live a healthy lifestyle.
One Pot Chicken Chilli - Slimming World Chicken Recipe
- Fry Light Cooking Spray
- 1 KG skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 400g g can chickpeas, drained
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 3 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 100 g baby spinach
- Cut the chicken thighs into smaller pieces about 3cm each.
- Spray a frying pan with the Fry Light and fry the chicken pieces in batches, until golden all over.
- Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the 2 tblsp olive oil to the frying pan and fry the onion and red pepper over a gentle heat.
- The residue from the chicken should loosen up from the bottom of the pan.
- Once the onion is soft, add the garlic and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, the chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, chopped chillies and the Tabasco sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, cover and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the spinach to the pan about 3 minutes before the time is up and stir through to wilt.
- Serve with rice.
Hi, I am Jennifer. I love the art of cooking! I studied food science in the University and I am keen to helping ladies make delicious and healthy food. I am a single Mother of two. Enjoy.