Well I’ve finally succumbed to all the gorgeous cocktails that Lucy of Supergolden Bakes teases us with every week. When it comes to cocktails I normally stick to a few safe options which I know will hit the spot but if you are a regular reader of Supergolden Bakes (and if you’re not then you should be) you will be tempted with something new almost every week.
Of course, making cocktails is not a cheap exercise and I certainly don’t have the choice of drinks that Lucy has but I do have some of the basics. After a bit of research I found that I could rustle up a Classic Brandy Sidecar. My first attempt was good but just a touch too sour for my liking. I added in the orange juice to sweeten it slightly and rimmed my glasses with sugar which made it very drinkable.
So, not quite a classic Brandy Sidecar but if like me you prefer something slightly sweeter then this version is worth a try.
Mmm I might just have to try another one to make sure It is the holidays after all.
- 2tblsp sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 25ml Brandy
- 50ml Cointreau
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ orange
- Ice cubes
- Mix the sugar and orange zest together in a shallow saucer.
- Wet the rim of your cocktail glass with some lemon juice.
- Dip the edge of the cocktail glass in the sugar and zest mixture. Leave to dry.
- Add the Brandy, Cointreau, lemon juice, orange juice and 4 - 5 ice cubes to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well for at least a minute.
- Strain into your cocktail glass.